Who we are
Our website address is https://passionatehorsemanship.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to save your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
“Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
- Google Analytics – this allows me to discover the type of content you find most helpful so that I can create more of it. (Note: Google does not have access to this data.)
- Facebook Pixel Tracking – this allows me to retarget ads to like-minded horse owners on the Facebook platform. (Not your email, just anonymous IPs)
- YouTube – if you view an embedded YouTube video on my site, the IP information is sent to YouTube to record that the video has been watched, just as it would if you had watched it directly on YouTube.
- A2 Hosting – kept in the server logs so the host can identify and stop bad bot attacks against my site.
- Cloudflare – so the CDN can identify and stop bad bot attacks against my site.
- Email Collection – my list service provider is GetResponse. If you subscribe to my list your information will be stored on GetResponse’s servers. You can manage your subscription by clicking on the link at the bottom of any email you receive from me.
- Book Like A Boss – I use this to schedule client meetings. Your email address is retained by this service in order for you to be notified, get reminders and for rescheduling.
Who we share your data with
We use information that we collect from you to fulfill orders placed (including arranging for shipping and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to Communicate with you.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the
success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
However, if you purchase one of my services or products offered, the following data is shared:
- PayPal – used for direct invoicing via your email.
- Stripe – used for direct invoicing via your email.
- Vendors – If you purchase some of the products I offer your information will be shared with them in order to get your product to you, but only with your explicit permission.
- Third Party Links – Passionate Horsemanship will sometimes link to helpful information and resources provided by other bloggers and vendors.
Passionate Horsemanship makes no representation, warranties, or assurances as to the accuracy, currency, or completeness of any privacy policies of 3rd party entities that information is shared with.
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
The email address you provide for order processing may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/.
You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful requests for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
**Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include a link at the bottom of each email.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
When you place an order for products, we will maintain your Order Information (name, address and phone numbers) for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have left comments on this site, you can request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
INCLUDE OPT-OUT LINKS FROM WHICHEVER SERVICES BEING USED.
COMMON LINKS INCLUDE:
FACEBOOK – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
GOOGLE – https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
BING – https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age.
By providing us with your data, you warrant to us that you are over 13 years of age. We do not specifically market to children under 13.
Passionate Horsemanship does not knowingly collect or solicit Personally Identifiable Information from or about children under 13. If we discover we have received any information from a child under 13 in violation of this policy, we will delete that information immediately.
Terms and Conditions
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us.